Yesterday I held the closing ceremonies for my 30 day celebration. It was great to have breakfast with the gal plals.Those in attendance also received a C.D.
I like to call it Phoebeulous.
Phoebulous
The soundtrack to my first 30 years
Blue Skies - Willie Nelson
As Cool As I Am - Dar Williams
Stickshifts And Safetybelts - CAKE
Strong Enough - Sheryl Crow
Not Ready To Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
I Love You - Cat Stevens
Maria (Shut Up And Kiss Me) - Willie Nelson
Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
Where You Lead I Will Follow - Carole King
Mushaboom - Feist
If You Were Here - Thompson Twins
Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
Forever Young - Alphaville
Know Your Onion! - The Shins
I Will - The Beatles
1 2 3 4 - Feist
Soak Up The Sun - Sheryl Crow
It Was A Good Year - Ray Charles & Willie Nelson
Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) - Dixie Chicks
14 comments:
It sounds like the 30 days were great! Happy Belated Birthday! Oh the memories of Stickshifts and Safetybelts at midnight at the library :0)
Congratulations on your great celebration! Now, where can I get my hands on a copy of that CD?
Closing ceremonies, love it.
I am sorry that I never called you back. Obviously it was like 3 weeks ago. I am a phone slacker as you know. I dig your selections though, nice work. I may have added a little NKOTB myself...perhaps "You Got It (The Right Stuff)" because...you got it. (the right stuff.)
I always think of you when I hear "Stickshifts and Safetybelts." And when I hear "Cecilia." Remember when Mom banned that song from our house?
I never noticed the Malibu reference in Stickshifts and Saftetybelts until I listened my the Phoebulous CD with you in mind. Thanks for the CD and thanks for turning 30! I've think I've enjoyed your birthday as much as I enjoy my own.
Eliza- Don't sweat it. It was actually about a different CD. BTW NKOTB made it onto another mix- Phoebe gets Phunky. And I never knew that Mom banned Cecilia. ALthough it doesn't surprise me. Bonny is the one that actually introduced me to it. Blame her:)
Jessi- I might could hook you up with a copy. Since I know that if you lived near me, you would have attended the closing ceremonies.
Sabby- I totally forgot about the library at midnight! Those were the days.
Mandy- Glad you have a new appreciation of CAKE. They have always been a favorite band. Thank you for participating in 30 days.
oooh - so glad to introduce a little raciness into your lives.
but it is a great song.
and sounds like an awesome CD.
and i love closing ceremonies.
I think that I may have to try out some birthday days for myself this year! Sounds like a good way to celebrate life!
Might could hook me up? Hooray!
I'm getting a start on those stockings today - just thought you might want to know.
Can we score a copy if we happen to know where/why some of these songs are so important to your first 30 years?
Cecilia, for example...I distinctly remember riding in the stake-bed truck to drop off recycling and us BLASTING that song as loud as we could.
Ah, fun times.
I am still waiting for Phoebe gets Phunky! I enjoyed every minute of breakfast the other day, the food, the company, all our darling children and those cute Grandmas sitting by us. (Agnes's bow!) I definitely feel a breakfast club coming on, especially when there is a song from Breakfast Club on Phoebeulous! It's a sign....
Terrific playlist! Can I order a copy?
I wish I had been at every single festivity of the 30. I'll console myself with memories of Willie Nelson live at the Dixon Mayfair, funnel cakes, and lots of carnies. Good times, Miss Ph. What happened to our 20s?
I love the CD (ok,honestly, most of it). I am thankful to have been along for much of the ride. Welcome to the thirties. Enjoy your stay.
PS You are Pheobulous.........
Jen, I am wondering which songs you didn't enjoy? I really did make it for myself, not considering others tastes, so I am curious if any of it was too out there. I know, there is a lot of Willie, but I love him!
Post a Comment